First: It's been a while, so music uploads. I am as eclectic as always.
1. If I Wrote You (Live) - Dar Williams
. How much do I love Dar? Enough that this is the third consecutive set of mp3s that include a song by her. Melodic. Gorgeous voice, lyrics, instrumentals.
2. XO - Fallout Boy
. Ish music. Indie(ish) rock. Upbeat(ish).
3. Radio/Video - System of a Down
. I was suspicious of the new SoaD album, too. BYOB (the first single) didn't really grab me. The rest of the album, which I bummed off my brother, is very, very good. Experimental metal.
4. Somebody More Like You - Nickel Creek
. A modern acoustic trio, with a guitar, a violin, and a mandolin pulled together into a rich, deep sound.
5. Hello - Poe
. One of my favourite female vocalists. Haunting.
6. How to Explain - The Cat Empire
. Fusion music. Swing/rock/jazz/dance. I adore them, and I recommend giving them a try -- if you don't like them, you don't like them, but I think they're a real treat.
I was going to stop there, but then I realized that Metric is coming through town on Monday, and I get to see them live again (so much love! Last time, they were through with Billy Talent.)
Bonus: 7. Wet Blanket - Metric
. Low-fi indie. Great vocals. They grow on you like fungi. (Saying I'm wrong/To want more than a folk song)
Second: 20 Doctor Who icons.The Doctor is in...
Third: Nabbed from brooklinegirl
, who had the bright idea to take out the silly questions and the part ordering people around. If you want to post this in your LJ, too, that's cool. If not, also cool.
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me.
4. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
5. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.